Monday, December 14, 2009

My First Post

Hi!

Thanks for joining me! As some of you may know, close to two years ago now (argh- can it be true?), my husband and I decided to buy a small one acre lot in Lunenburg, Ontario, to build our dream house. We built the house over the course of the summer of 2008 and moved in to a partially finished house on September 21, 2008. We haven't looked back, well not much, since then - mostly, because we haven't had the time! Our daughter is part way through Senior Kindergarten and is thriving! Jamie's training business hasn't taken off - yet - but as of January 2010, he'll be starting a new adventure at a local business. My career is going well - even though it didn't look like it would. Let me explain: in February 2009, as a result of what is called strategic review - the review wasn't very strategic in my humble opinion - I was slated to loose my job. However, snatching victory from the jaws of defeat being what I'm good at, I recently started a new job at a cool institute, just a couple of buildings over from my previous location.

I am planning to make this blog a chronicle of my family's upcoming adventures and of my cooking - not quite the Julie/Julia Project or the Confessions of a Pioneer Woman - but something that will allow me to keep my sanity and sense of humour during what could may well turn out to be the world's worst experiment in the known world.

Stay tuned for my first challenge: renewing my driver's license...

No comments:

Post a Comment