Monday, January 4, 2010

I don't do Mondays well!

Welcome to the first Monday of the new year! It started off well ~ more or less! The coffee maker served, along with my watch, as my alarm clock this morning. Trying to get back into the routine I had before I got sick in December was interesting this morning - but proof, yet again, that advanced planning pays off on Monday morning. Lunch - check; coffee - check; clothes - check; hair - check (really short hair pays off!). Work pass - check; getting into said work this morning - not check!

Let me explain: I went to work this morning. Proud of myself for hauling butt and getting to my office at roughly 6:10. But that's when my success ended! Apparently our passcard system is experiencing some new year difficulties - either that or the Y2K bug hit a decade late! (which is entirely possible) I circled parking lots for close to an hour before signs appeared on several of the buildings access-controlled doors indicating that the door next to the stores was working. Finding a parking spot that enabled me to not kill myself trying to walk to the door wasn't too difficult - at 7, I was pretty much one of a very few that were in! And, given that I plan on leaving early today (getting myself into my new schedule, part 2), I hope that my parking where I did won't be too much of a problem - I do have a new spot, close to an entrance, where I will be parking starting on Wednesday!

Hopefully, this is the worst part of my day and everything runs smoothly from now until I get home!

Cheers,
Tracie

No comments:

Post a Comment