Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Year and More

So, first, let me wish you all a Happy 2010. My plans for NYD were slightly changed when our friends called to let us know - half an hour before we expected them at our house - that they wouldn't be coming! The fact that I got up at 7 a.m. to start cooking for the crew of them - potato-leek soup, a sandwich ring and a peanut-butter cup pie - aside, we were left with oddles of food. On the bright side, once the cooking was done, I didn't have to do more yesterday!

Today, we are expecting some of my husband's family for supper. It is my brother-in-law's birthday tomorrow (45 or there-abouts!) and I made him a birthday cake. From a mix. Not too exciting but it is for me! I have bad luck with cakes from mixes but so far, this chocolate cake is looking good. I do have left over peanut butter cup pie just in case!

No comments:

Post a Comment